Monday, August 18, 2008

Highlights from Nebraska

Despite my last post we really had a great time and the kids did surprisingly well considering all the driving we did. I'm gonna try to do this in stages...

We started off Friday and drove until Omaha and spent the night. Omaha is a nice city, bigger than I thought. We went to eat in a neat area of town that had horse drawn carriages and a lot of people out and about. My kids were most excited about the hotel? Mason's was wondering around saying "what's this" 100 times. They were very interested in everything that I don't even think about anymore, for example kleenexes in the wall.

2 of 3 sleeping, not too bad!!


We left the next day and headed to North Platte, NE. It too was bigger than I thought. It was a nice town but what drew us there was Darren's Aunt Jeannine, his cousin Erica and her family. Here is a picture of their family. Nate is holding Kylee who was born 3 days before Ayden.






In North Platte, they have a really cute little amusement park on a small scale. It's perfect. They also have animals to feed, like deer.




It was great to see family and see where they live. Mason said, "I never want to leave Nebraska". I don't know about that but we did have a good time. We even left with Cornhusker tshirts!!

No comments: