Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Highlights from Fort Collins

So we drove to Fort Collins from North Platte on Sunday. We got to go through Wyoming, which we have never been to. We just saw the corner of it, where Cheyenne is. Fort Collins is where my friend Nancy and her family are. They lived in Kenosha for a few years then moved back to CO in 2005(?). We met them at their little downtown area for pizza. As we were eating I saw something I had never seen before, a man, about 50 years old carrying a little dog in a doggie backpack. It was very unique. Darren and I came to notice over the next couple of days that CO is very dog-friendly.

The next day we decided to do a hike with Nancy's 4 kids (ages 8-to 8 months) and her husband and all of us. It was a beautiful hike and the kids were troopers.







The next day we took a break from being busy and let Ayden take a nap at Nancy's house. The kids played and then after naps we went to a little sprinkler park. We also met Darren's other cousin, Chris who lived in the Denver area.




We grilled out at Nancy's that night and it was so good to catch up with the Daharshes.
Here is a picture of all the kids (not baby Matthew).(I am not sure why Darren was in there, too)

Corben 5, Abby 2, Emma 8, Ayden, Mason and Rylee

3 comments:

Renee said...

Looks like you guys had a fun vacation! Despite Ayden's screams/screeks in the car.

Anne said...

Lovely pictures. I've always wanted to visit that area. Looks like you had a great time. Even with your special vocal accompianist! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed with the back pack carrier! I don't think I could do that, lol!