Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Highlights from Boulder

We stayed in Boulder two nights. It was my first stay at a "green" hotel. I am not sure what made it "green". The only thing I noticed was recycle bins everywhere.

Wednesday we went on a drive in the Rocky Mountain National Park up Trail Ridge Road.
It was gorgeous. It was kinda lost on the kids but Darren and I loved it. So we get to the top of the mountain and there is a little gift shop. Darren and Mason walked to the very top but it was windy and cold so Rylee, Ayden and I looked around the shop and who do we see, Mason's Preschool teacher!! It was so weird. She was visiting family. Here is Darren and Mason at the top.

We next drove down to Bear Lake which is where the picture is from on the top of my blog. This was a great paved hike that even Ayden could run around. BTW we happened to see Mason's teacher there too!! We saw huge elk on our way there.

The next day we saw a very interesting tea house that was giving to the city of boulder by a city in china. It was gorgeous inside and I had the best Chai tea EVER. We also went to an organic ice cream shop for the kids.

Boulder definitely has a college town feel. It would be fun to go again.

1 comment:

Tracy Jean said...

Darren so looks like his dad in this picture!!!! WOW!