Tuesday, December 2, 2008

i have been in denial

about my Starbucks hot chocolate obsession. I didn't want to know how many calories or points...

Hungry girl brought it to my attention today....darn it

Hot Loco
Oh my. This is one completely crazy cup of cocoa. A 12-oz. serving has 23 grams of fat and a POINTS® value of 10*. For ONE SERVING OF LIQUID?!?! FYI, the Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate at The 'Bucks is even worse -- a Tall made with 2% milk and topped with whipped cream racks up a whopping 480 calories and 24g fat (POINTS® value 11*)!
Serving Size: Tall with whipped cream, made with 2% milk
Calories: 450
Fat: 23g
Sodium: 110mg
Carbs: 56g
Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 47g
Protein: 11g

POINTS® value 10*


I was thinking it was like 4 points...oh I was so wrong....sadly.....

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm soo0 glad that I read this before I ever tasted the scrumptious sounding hot cocoa (a.k.a. straight to my a** and thighs cocoa). Thanks for the heads up!! :)