Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting 2008


I voted for President today.

I took 3 little girls with me to vote. Maybe some day one of them could really be president.

Today I saw women standing in line to vote with their sons. I saw people of all nationalities standing to cast their ballots and voice their opinion. I saw a Phillipian family, African american, Asian young woman. Our community is fairly diverse and it was amazing to see all of us standing in line.

Thank God for this country and for the right we have to voice our opinion and that everyone here has the same opportunity!

1 comment:

Anne said...

What makes me joyful is the fact that my children don't realize why this election was so different. They will grow up knowing that anyone can be president, no matter your gender or skin color. It's just the way it is for them. Outstanding!