Friday, October 24, 2008

I have a new "man" in my life that I rescued from death row



This is Yoda (previously known as Reggie). We have been looking at getting a new dog. I look at Petfinder.com all the time. Darren was really trying to talk me into a big dog and I just didn't want to do that right now in our life. I love big dogs but I just didn't have the time to deal with one. I also didn't want a puppy, once again the time thing.

So anyway, I went to meet "Reggie" to see what his temperament was. We tried him out for a night and saw that he got along with Maggie (she ignores him) and he wasn't too needy or hyper.

He is so ugly that he is cute. And his ears made us think of the perfect name.

The ladies at the rescue organization and awesome for all they do for animals. They go to Chicago and get dogs off death row(about to be euthanized) and rescue them. In fact when I met the ladies to give them money, they had just come from Chicago with 30 animals in the back of their van.

We are working on house training him (he is doing surprisingly well, way better than a puppy).

No comments: